15 May 2010

Kota Kinabalu Highlights - Flora


After all the phtos of animals in my previous posting, I felt the need to include some of the most interesting, bright, colourful, .....in short, beautiful flowers I've seen. Some of these are found within the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park while the others are at homes of friends.

The first flower is a lighter version of the red hibiscus flower, the national flower of Malaysia.

It would interesting to know the names of the others. Seeing them almost inspires me to want to grow them in my small back garden, but alas, I'm more of a brown-thumb than a green-thumb gardener.

Still one should still dream of having such a garden with plants that bring forth such beautiful flowers. Who knows, dreams have a way of coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...